QinetiQ Space, located in Kruibeke, develops scientific experiments for research in space focused on the International Space Station and other microgravity environments. QinetiQ Space is also active in the development of satellites and equipment thereof.
We wish to strengthen our team with a “Purchaser”.
QinetiQ is seeking for a Purchaser to support our satellite equipment and instrument business. In this position, you will be the overall responsible for the electronic components purchase process and the electronic boards manufacturing / assembly aspects in all our space projects.
- Initiate, negotiate and closing (frame) agreements with preferred electronic suppliers
- Selecting the preferred suppliers based on price/quality/delivery time
- Build-up and maintain a professional relationship with electronic part suppliers
- Purchase third party electronic parts (passives, actives and connectors) and follow-up the on-time delivery
- Perform incoming inspection of procured electronic parts
- Organize and follow-up component testing activities
- Managing the internal preferred electronic parts list
- Perform daily management of compliance to preferred electronic parts list
- Perform on-site electronic parts stock management both in ERP and in our warehouse
- Carefully review the accompanying paperwork with every delivery for correctness
- Maintain the correctness of the stock
- Propose purchase and stock process optimizations
- Acting as company-wide contact point with PCB manufacturers and assembly houses
- Accurate reporting to the various disciplines within the company
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering with focus on Electronics or equivalent field
- Strong administrative, planning, organizational, communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge on (space) electronic components
- +3 years’ relevant experience in a similar technical environment
- Experience with BOM management, manufacturing of electronic products, including PCBA is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus
- Hands-on experience with electronic component handling is a plus
- Strong technical negotiation capabilities.
The high technological aspects and variety make working for QinetiQ Space an exciting challenge. QinetiQ Space offers you a unique opportunity to further develop your talent and to prove yourself at the top of the high technological industry in Flanders.
An interesting function in a team of enthusiastic and inspiring colleagues is waiting for you.