QinetiQ Space, located in Kruibeke, has more than 30 years of experience in developing scientific experiments for research in space, docking mechanisms and satellites. We wish to strengthen our team with a "Mechatronics Engineer".
In this position, you will translate the functional & performance requirements into mechatronics concepts. You will get involved into complex 6-DOF docking systems, spacecraft position control, mechanism and robotics control.
You will carry out modelling, simulation, reporting, analysis and test of complex control systems. You will strongly interact with systems engineering, avionics/electronics and embedded software.
You will stand for the verification, validation and acceptance of the mechatronics systems by the customer.
- MSc or PhD in relevant fields (robotics, control, mechatronics)
- Proficiency with control algorithms related to robotics manipulation, actuator control
- Hands-on experience with integration of mechatronics assemblies (electronics, sensors, actuators, 3D positioning, 6-DOF control ...)
- Proficiency with technical documentation generation
- Good analytical skills, organisation and capacity to grasp new concepts quickly in depth.
- Deep knowledge of control algorithms and the use of Matlab, Simulink, Kalman filters, ...
- Enthusiastic result-oriented and fast-learning team player with good communication skills at all levels.
- Fluency in English and Dutch
The leading edge technological aspects and variety of work makes working at QinetiQ Space an exciting challenge. QinetiQ Space offers you a unique opportunity to fully develop your talent/career and prove yourself in one of the top high technological companies in Flanders. A challenging and exciting opportunity in a team of enthusiastic and inspiring colleagues is waiting for you.