From our sites in Belgium and the UK, QinetiQ enables the most demanding space missions. As one of the largest and most respected global science and technology organisations, we are constantly breaking new ground in the application of cutting-edge technology in the space sector. We deliver pioneering solutions and are successfully transferring our expertise into pushing the boundaries of space. Why don’t you team up with us and help us seize the opportunities of tomorrow?
As Production Manager you would coordinate the manufacturing, integration, and acceptance testing of our common electronic units such as onboard computers, remote terminals, mass memory units, etc. intended for various QinetiQ satellite and equipment projects. These can include engineering models, qualification models, and flight models of these avionics units.
You would define and set-up a process to allow building these standard avionics units in a cost effective, fast, and risk-free way. This includes upscaling the existing relations with suppliers as well as establishing a smooth cooperation between the various disciplines within QinetiQ.
- Master’s degree in engineering or similar capabilities through a proven track record.
- Minimum demonstrated experience in a similar coordinating function.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to maintain in control by keeping the overview and the right prioritisations.
- Pro-active, creative, enthusiastic, and result-oriented team player with a broad view.
- Organised and precise with a drive to ensure delivery of the avionics units within time, budget, and according to specifications.
- Good communicator, with a strong common sense. Using these skills you are capable of positively involving with various stakeholders within our company as well as external (suppliers and subcontractors).
- Natural problem-solver who is not afraid of ‘getting the hands dirty’ when needed. Able to make clear and precise agreements with others involved and excel in following up to these agreements.
- Passion for both electronics, mechanics, and/or space is definitively an asset.
You’ll not only get to work in a well-known space company offering flexibility, work-life balance, and an open and friendly working environment, but you will also become one of the privileged engineers that can say some of the hardware they helped built is actually orbiting the Earth!