From our sites in Belgium and the UK, QinetiQ enables the most demanding space missions. As one of the largest and most respected global science and technology organisations, we are constantly breaking new ground in the application of cutting-edge technology in the space sector. We deliver pioneering solutions and are successfully transferring our expertise into pushing the boundaries of space. Why don’t you team up with us and help us seize the opportunities of tomorrow?
The Air & Space business within QinetiQ is involved in a wide variety of exciting projects and programs, from innovative aviation research, through to aircraft modifications, complex flight trials or developing and building space infrastructure. As a member of our project management community, you can expect to be leading teams to deliver projects and develop international opportunities as we continue to grow.
We have a Project Manager opportunity in support of our Instruments Portfolio, primarily based in our Antwerp office. You will be responsible for delivery of standard or complex projects within our Space Integrated Delivery Team (IDT) and will be tasked with ensuring our commitments to our internal and external stakeholders are met. Our projects have a diverse and complex stakeholder community, both internal and external to the company, with the opportunity to deliver across the project lifecycle from requirements capture and business winning right through into delivery.
- Delivery of standard or complex projects >£3m revenue per annum
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Operating in a safe & secure manner.
- Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values.
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline including customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales.
- Alignment with the technical team to meet the customer requirements and to ensure efficient project execution
- Ensuring project members operate in line with internal procedures and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
- Resolving conflicts, including prioritization calls, within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ.
- Maintenance of project forecasts, both financial and resource (humanpower) demand signal, for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate for the size of the project.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to program/portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Ensuring correct entry and maintenance of data onto customer management tools to support your opportunities with all details correct and up to date on order value, order intake scenario, bid due date, closing date, sales stage, revenue profile and up to date notes.
Key Capabilities & Knowledge
- Leadership: influencing and aligning others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
- Integrity: being open, honest, and doing the right thing. Keeping promises.
- Communication: effectively communicate as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning.
- Stakeholder management: identifying, planning, and implementing actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs.
- Teamwork: creating an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
- Human resource management: supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and QinetiQ policy.
- Identifying, qualifying, developing, and delivering solutions to customers using an existing commercial contract and being able to articulate the benefits of the QinetiQ solution to the customer.
- Negotiation & conflict management: identifying and addressing differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
- Business development: when required, work as a member of a capture team to generate delivery plans, risk registers, and costings to support the creation of the proposal document.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 2-4 years of leading a business, team, projects, programmes, portfolios, and successfully delivering projects
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level C
- Experience delivering projects to up to 3 different customers.
- Good knowledge of English (written and oral). Knowledge of Dutch is an added value.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in appropriate discipline
- Hold a recognised PM qualification (APM Project Management Qualifications [PMQ], or Prince2) or be prepared to follow a training to obtain one
- Space sector relevant experience or other closely related sectors
From our sites in Belgium and the UK, QinetiQ enables the most demanding space missions. As one of the largest and most respected global science and technology organisations, we are constantly breaking new ground in the application of cutting-edge technology in the space sector. We deliver pioneering solutions and are successfully transferring our expertise into pushing the boundaries of space.