Mechanical Design Engineer
From our sites in Belgium and the UK, QinetiQ enables the most demanding space missions. As one of the largest and most respected global science and technology organisations, we are constantly breaking new ground in the application of cutting-edge technology in the space sector. We deliver pioneering solutions and are successfully transferring our expertise into pushing the boundaries of space. Why don’t you team up with us and help us seize the opportunities of tomorrow?
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you would be responsible for the mechanical design of scientific instruments and satellites on a project level. Starting from requirements, you create, together with a team of specialists, the mechanical parts on a conceptual and detailed level. The design has to be done within a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Master’s degree, preferably in product development, mechanical engineering, electro-mechanical engineering or similar by experience
- You are highly motivated, technically orientated and can perform when deadlines are approaching.
- You have a practical knowledge of mechanisms, materials, coatings and manufacturing techniques, and can support your designs with basic functional, structural, and thermal analysis.
- You are a team player and like to take initiative, you see a problem as challenges.
- Having experience in 3D modelling (Pro/e) is an asset.
- You are able to generate documents and communicate in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
You’ll not only get to work in a well-known space company offering flexibility, work-life balance, and an open and friendly working environment, but you will also become one of the privileged engineers that can say some of the hardware they helped built is actually orbiting Earth!