Quality Assurance Engineer
From our sites in Belgium and the UK, QinetiQ enables the most demanding space missions. As one of the largest and most respected global science and technology organisations, we are constantly breaking new ground in the application of cutting-edge technology in the space sector. We deliver pioneering solutions and are successfully transferring our expertise into pushing the boundaries of space. Why don’t you team up with us and help us seize the opportunities of tomorrow?
QinetiQ Space operates within an established EN9100 Quality Management System. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, your main focus will be :
- Ensuring, through internal auditing, that the quality management system is fully implemented and maintained.
- Ensuring that all company staff are aware of, and involved in the implementation and maintenance of the quality management system.
- Maintaining oversight on project nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions. Implementing lessons learned as needed.
- Reporting to the Head of Quality on the performance of the quality management system and needs for improvement.
- Assisting the Head of Quality in both customer and Certified Body audits.
In addition, you will also be assigned the role of process owner for the security process at QinetiQ Space NV. This encompasses both data security (protecting our data from unauthorized access) and physical security (deny unauthorized access to facilities, equipment and resources).
Your main tasks in this respect will be to keep our current security policies up-to-date and in-line with specific customer requests, creating a security culture and maintaining oversight on security incidents and resolution of these.
We expect candidates to have a master degree in engineering. The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic result-oriented and fast-learning team player with excellent communication skills at all levels. Fluency in English and Dutch is an absolute must.
A first experience with regards to both quality assurance and security would obviously be an asset.
You’ll not only get to work in a well-known space company offering flexibility, work-life balance, and an open and friendly working environment, but you will also become one of the privileged engineers that can say some of the hardware they helped built is actually orbiting the Earth!