AOCS/Mission Analysis Engineer
From our sites in Belgium and the UK, QinetiQ enables the most demanding space missions. As one of the largest and most respected global science and technology organisations, we are constantly breaking new ground in the application of cutting-edge technology in the space sector. We deliver pioneering solutions and are successfully transferring our expertise into pushing the boundaries of space. Why don’t you team up with us and help us seize the opportunities of tomorrow?
As an AOCS/Mission analysis Engineer you would take the lead in the engineering and development of the attitude and orbit control system (AOCS) and/or the satellite mission analysis. Tasks include:
- Top level engineering aspects & requirements capture.
- Dealing with the mission analysis aspects.
- AOCS conceptual design
- System operation design and verification, interactions with the various spacecraft system and subsystems.
- Sensor and actuator definitions and requirements.
- Support to design, production and test of AOCS units/system.
- Complex simulations and analysis.
- Interface with software providers.
- Support to the commissioning of the AOCS/control system.
- Management of technical budgets.
- Management of technical documentation
- Support to bid activities & studies.
Other required tasks would be checking for the overall technical coherence, supporting the project team during technical reviews, and coordinating and participating in system/subsystem level functional and performance test campaigns.
Desired skills/ experience/ knowledge
We expect candidates to have a master degree in engineering, electro mechanics, mechatronics, control systems or equivalent. Theoretical experience with respect to control & simulation activities & mission analysis using Matlab & Simulink is mandatory, in addition to minimum 3 years of practical experience in AOCS and mission analysis.
We expect you to be an enthusiastic, innovative, result-oriented team player with good communication skills.
Please bear in mind that our company is bound by ITAR regulations, restricting candidates from certain countries or holders of double nationalities.
You’ll not only get to work in a well-known space company offering flexibility, work-life balance, and an open and friendly working environment, but you will also become one of the privileged engineers that can say some of the hardware they helped built is actually orbiting the Earth!