Security Assurance Engineer
From our sites in Belgium and the UK, QinetiQ enables the most demanding space missions. As one of the largest and most respected global science and technology organisations, we are constantly breaking new ground in the application of cutting-edge technology in the space sector. We deliver pioneering solutions and are successfully transferring our expertise into pushing the boundaries of space. Why don’t you team up with us and help us seize the opportunities of tomorrow?
QinetiQ is currently developing satellites playing an important future role in data security. As a Security Assurance Engineer, you will team up with the satellite engineering team and focus on all relevant security aspects, including: project data protection (in house and with our subcontractors), regulation of physical access to our project facilities like cleanrooms, and review the security aspects of the actual satellite design and handling.
You will report to the Quality Assurance/Product Assurance Head of Department.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Implement management procedures of activities related to security
- Coordinate and conduct all Security Assurance efforts related to security, ensuring that products, processes, and procedures are compliant with the required quality level
- Assess impact of security requirements on existing IT infrastructure and implement secure computing platforms as needed
- Ensure physical security to prevent and deter attackers from accessing facilities, resources, or information stored on physical media
- Evaluate the performance in terms of security, determine inadequacies, and implement corrective actions
- Identify and eliminate risks and demonstrate that the system meets the security requirements
- Perform quality control tests
- Ensure the proper flow-down of security requirements to satellite, payload, and subcontractors
- Review the design in terms of security
- Start discussion with certification agencies (CC & FIPS) in preparation of certification in later phases
- Provide inputs to SoC and VCD to applicable security requirement
- Continuous review the security aspects of the satellite design and operations concept
- Provide guidance and follow up subcontractor for security aspects, including acceptance and qualification tests.
Desired skills/ experience/ knowledge
- Master degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience in all of security’s four pillars: physical, data, process, and architecture.
- A first experience with regards to generic quality assurance would be an asset.
- Fluency in English, Dutch is an asset
- Enthusiastic result-oriented and fast-learning team player with excellent communication skills at all levels.
- QinetiQ has adopted a hybrid working regime, where full time engineers are recommended to work 2-3 days per week in the office, and the remainder from home. Pending on the project phase and needs, the home/office working ratio can be adjusted. In any case, this position would require you to be physically present in our offices in Kruibeke on a regular base.
- The job is estimated to be a half-time job. If your availability allows, a full time position can be offered by combining the remainder of your time with QA/PA activities.
- Permanent or consultant
- Global Grade 11